Mr. D. Curtis, Headteacher updates
20th July 2022
As this is my last letter this academic year, I would like to thank parents and carers for your support this year. Our students have had a successful year and made progress in their learning.
The arrangements for the last day of term tomorrow (Thursday 21st July) are as follows:
- Period 1 to Period 3: Normal lessons
- Period 4: Online celebration assembly followed by time spent in tutorial
- Lunch: As normal
- End of school at 1400: Students will have a staggered early departure between 1345 and 1400.
We say a sad farewell to the following members of staff who will be leaving us at the end of term. I would like to thank them all for their contribution to St Julian’s School and wish them all the best of luck for the future:
Mdme Thevenet; Mrs Evans; Mr Hardee; Mrs Brace Miss Hall; Mr Webb; Miss Shahid; Miss WIliams; Mrs Saunders; Miss Hands and MrsLambert.
Start of Autumn Term 2022
In line with other Newport Schools, our Year 7 and Year 12 students will return to school on Monday 5th September for an induction day. Our Years 8 to 11 and Year 13 students will return to school on Tuesday 6th September. Their times and gates are detailed below:
Monday 5th September - Year 7 and Year 12 Students Only
- 8:25 Year 7 arrive at the East Gate and head to the sports cage to meet their tutors
- Year 8 to Year 11 and Year 13 students will be set online pre-term activities at home; students will be required to check their Google Classroom on this day
Tuesday 6th September - All Students
- 08:25: Year 7 to Year 11 students arrive at school via their year group’s gate and go to their form rooms:
- Year 7 - East Gate
- Year 8 - East Gate
- Year 9 - West Gate
- Year 10 - West Gate
- Year 11 - East Gate
- 10:00: Year 12 and Year 13 arrive at school via the West Gate: Year 12 go to their form rooms and Year 13 go to the West Hall
Uniform, Electronics and Equipment
It is important that we continue making positive steps to meet our high standards with uniform, electronics and equipment. A separate letter will be sent to parents before the end of term which will remind our students of our expectations ready for the return to school in September.
AS, A Level and L3 BTEC results for our students in Year 12 and Year 13 will be given out in school between 08:00 and 11:00 on Thursday 18th August. There will be staff in school to support Year 13 students who need help with university places via clearing and other future pathways.
GCSE and L2 BTEC results will be given out to our Year 11 students between 09:00 and 11:00 on Thursday 25th August. Year 10 students can collect their results between 10:00 and 11:00.
We wish all our students luck with their final results this summer.
We wish you and your families a relaxing and enjoyable summer break. We look forward to seeing the students in school again on Monday 5th September (Year 7 and Year 12 only) and Tuesday 6th September (all students).
Have a lovely summer holiday.
Mr D Curtis