Charlie Cromwell-Pinder wins prestigious overseas University placement
Meet me in St .Louis
Sensational St. Julian’s School student Charlie Cromwell-Pinder has won a prestigious place at Washington University in St.Louis, Missouri, USA.
2018 Head Girl Charlie, becomes our first student ever to gain entry to study in the USA.
Charlie not only won a place at Washington University in St Louis, but also a financial aid package from the Sutton Trust US programme, run in partnership with the US-UK Fulbright Commission.
The school is absolutely delighted for Charlie and will continue to support her throughout her academic adventure in St.Louis.
- It was founded in 1853
- It is named after the Founding Father of the USA and first President, George Washington
- It is a private research university
- The athletic teams are called the ‘Bears’
- It is ranked as the 20th best university in the world
- Famous Alumni include Tennessee Williams, Avram Glazer & Dwight Davis amongst others
- 24 Nobel Laureates have studied at the university
- St. Louis Rams lost in the final of the Superbowl this year
- The famous Judy Garland film ‘Meet me in St.Louis’ was filmed around the university